I've seen these trucks trundling about Winona Lake on many occasions, but I haven't always had by camera with me. It's a mowing company, and there's a lot to say for this logo:
Let's analyze this logo for a minute:
- It has immediate impact. It's a commanding presence. Bold, daring.
- It's describable. It's not some vague, swooshy thing. You can tell that this is a guy jauntily pushing a lawnmower.
- It's simple. It's not trying to tell you the guy's whole outlook on the world — there's one idea.
- It's memorable. I can't think of any other companies with this shape or design. It stands out.
- It's timeless. This logo will still effectively communicate in 50 years, unless we're somehow mowing the lawn with space-based lasers or something.
- It's versatile. This logo will be effective even if you...
- Use only one color
- Blow it up to the size of a billboard (which they did; it looked just like the truck here)
- Shrink it to the size of a postage stamp
- Print it in reverse (ie. light logo on dark background or vice-versa)
So, kudos to this company for great logo design.
There's just one problem.
Who are they?
And, how do you contact them?