Thursday, May 17, 2007

How does your garden grow?

It's almost safe to say that we've had the last frost here. Not a guarantee, of course, but we were confident enough to plant the front garden again. I mostly concerned myself with mowing and fertilizing the lawn, while Paul and Deborah planted the impatiens we had picked out that morning.


What goes next here? A pink-and-white striped one?


Aiden helped.


Fiona worried me by playing with the more pointy tools.

We had a few left over, so we took them over to Paul's apartment and planted them by his front steps. This apparently inspired Paul and his roommate to spend the rest of the day cleaning and making improvements to the apartment.


I can't put my finger exactly on what I like about this picture. Maybe it's the composition, or the flowers on her dress and by the steps, or the contrast of the old and the weathered against the fresh and the new. Whatever. I like it.

No comments: