Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas

Stockings!


I like this picture of Paul. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the slightly mischievious grin.


The house was full of energy and music.


Fiona with her Great-Grandma Renaud, singing together.


Handmade, hand dipped temptation. We know a family that, after we made these at their house, they gave it a new name: No Spit Candy. Apparently, Deborah's insistence that the powdered sugar would dissolve if you accidentally got a little saliva in there made the name stick.


We were to have 10 people in the house on Christmas day, so we tried to prepare as much of Christmas dinner ahead of time. My mother-in-law and I were peeling potatoes at 11 at night, and I was dreading the idea of chopping them all up. So, if necessity is the mother of invention, laziness is certainly the father. I remembered a Veg-O-Matic I had inherited from a yard sale, and repurposed a crisper drawer in the refrigerator to hold the cut potatoes. There are 26 potatoes in that drawer...


For me, yes?


It was a time for projects as much as presents. In addition to running a new electrical circuit to so that we could have a light in the attic (and other Shel Silverstien titles) my parents-in-law showed up with a bunk bed kit, and a new mattress, to boot! It took my FIL and I a few hours to put it together, but it looks really nice. Mattresses on the floor no more!

No comments: