Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Van in sights, finger on trigger...

We found a van.


It looks great. I test drove it. Everything works, even the air conditioning. It has a clean, two-owner title. It's being sold by a doctor here in town (Dr. Thallemer; pronounced "tall-mer," as I discovered during the test drive) who largely wanted a newer model. It's a quiet, quick, and pleasure to drive, religiously maintained, and within $100 of what we'd budgeted.

So what's the problem?

The problem is a general unease, and the sense that God is telling me, "I've got something better for you." Better? It's driving me crazy, because the logical part of my brain is saying, "Come on! It's perfect! Buy it!" while my heart tells me, inexplicably, that I'm not trusting God in all of this.

Wouldn't it be great if heart and head would agree on something once in a while?

No comments: