Monday, November 19, 2007

Useful Creatures

I'm finding toys everywhere these days. I often joke that I used to shake out my boots for scorpions; now I shake them out for Legos. So I wasn't terribly surprised to come into the bathroom and find this setup:


Thing is, a dinosaur-vs-crocodile showdown on the edge of the tub didn't strike me as Fiona's usual style. More puzzling was that the installment stayed there for several days. It was nearly a week later that I learned of their true function: tools for short people.

See, Fiona is quite capable of going to the bathroom by herself. (Whether she always does what she's capable of... that's another story.) What she still has trouble with is turning on the light. So, believe it or not... the nose of the alligator is for pushing the switch up, and the curved neck of the dinosaur is for pulling the switch down. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it, but I have seen it, so...

No comments: