Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Day

It's Thanksgiving here in the U.S. It's also, possibly, the quietest day I can remember around here. No wind. The lake was like glass, except for a ripple behind a few ducks. I couldn't hear cars on US 30, or anywhere else, for that matter; the foundry wasn't chugging away, nor were there any trains. One of those days that makes you realize how much noise there normally is.

We won't be having our feast until Saturday (May works today and Friday; I ostensibly work tomorrow, although I very well may be the only one there) but one can Give Thanks without those things...

What am I thankful for?

  • A wife who's completely insane (she has to be, to love me!)
  • Two incredibly smart, cute, charming, healthy, moderately-well-behaved kids (see, I can be objective!)
  • A job that lets me see plenty of the first two things I'm thankful for (and still feed them) that I actually enjoy
  • My cozy, leak-free little cottage (with room for all we need, although not necessarily for all that we have); the boundary lines have, indeed, fallen in pleasant places, and with neighbors I get along with
  • Fun family and friends to spend time with
  • Functional transportation (and, in the case of the motorcycle, fun transportation)
  • Internet access (it's so much easier to keep up with people around the world; I remember life before email!)
  • Taffy, the World's Neatest Cat. (Joel's description. I agree.)


More later...

No comments: