Saturday, January 10, 2009

Photo Tag

I've been tagged.

The rules are, apparently, thus:

  1. Go to the 4th folder in your computer where you store your pictures.
  2. Pick the 4th picture in that folder.
  3. Explain the picture.
  4. Tag 4 people to do the same.

OK, first off, I had to bend the rules a little, because the fourth folder where I keep pictures is "2007" and there aren't any pictures below that — only sub-folders. So, alphabetically, the fourth sub-folder is "April 4" and this is the fourth picture in that folder:


This is from when May (Deborah's youngest sister) was living with us; she was standing around, leaning on a chair being moody, but the light was falling on her in an interesting way, so I took her picture. In the first one, her expression is, "What are you doing? Why are you taking my picture?" but by the time we get to the fourth shot, she's snapping out of it and is about to laugh.

I tag...

3 comments:

Sarah DeSalvo said...

nice! Thanks for participating :-) I have sub-folders too - one for the year, month ones under that, and days under that! So, I had to go through a couple "fours" before I got to my picture, too :-)

Anonymous said...

You mean most people have four or more picture folders in their computers? Hmmm...

Jonadab said...

Most power users (people who are comfortable with computers and like them) have multiple folders for images, yes.

End users typically put everything in one big folder, usually with non-descriptive filenames, so that they can never find anything. This is part of their plan for proving that "computers are hard" by doing everything in the most difficult way possible. They also try to get text in a word processing document to line up on the page they want by using extra spaces and blank lines.

But end users are fairly unlikely to have a blog, all else being equal, so I'm not sure that their habits matter much in this context.